Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 1

Today, I focused my search in the Southwest. Texas is actually a hotbed right now as far as database administration jobs go. I have applied for several positions in Texas over my job search. I haven't heard anything back from them so far. Even though I am located in Northern Virginia at the moment, I can move and Texas seems like as good a place as any. I know the cost of living is much better. The only places in the country that I would be hesitant to accept a position in would be New York City and California. I have visited both places and enjoyed them but I don't think I would enjoy living there.

I only found two jobs today that would fit my experience. One was hosted by a variety of companies by I applied for it through Experis. This job was a Houston. The other job I found was in Dallas. The posting was put up by Timberhorn IT. Not sure if that the posting is working for that company or they are a recruiter. I wasn't the perfect candidate but I had some skills they were looking for. Might as well take a chance because if you aren't, who is going to take a chance on you?

I did get some bad news today. I received a rejection letter from a company in Atlanta that I had applied to before starting this diary. I may have somethings to say about it latter in the week. It depends on how much I have on my plate latter on in the week.

Anyway, I think that is it for today.

Signed,
MG

No comments:

Post a Comment